Amicalola Falls State Park

|
A Sunday drive in the out skirts of Atlanta will take you to at least one of Georgia's 60 state parks, where there are trails to hike and sights to see. This Sunday I opted to head to a park with a waterfall, the website said to be warned of the many stairs that were on this particular 2 mile trail, of course I wasn't going to let a few stairs stop me from setting out with my camera. These are not your regular stairs, they are seriously steep, I had to keep stopping to catch my breath and let the fire burning in my calfs cool down before trying to walk up the next set. After finally making it to the top I was just too tired to enjoy the view. I realized that I need to start getting out more than once a week! The walk back down seemed to be a bit shaky, no wait that was my legs trying to figure out why I was still making them move.

The drive out to the park was about 2 hours from Atlanta and through winding roads and beautiful scenery. I would like to go back in the winter time and see how different the park looks then. For now here are a few photos from my hike, enjoy!








0 comments:

Post a Comment